edu 655 week 3 – discussion 2
Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Discussion 2
E-Learning Case Studies
Read the scenarios below and select three to construct a proposed solution. Share your solutions with your peers in this forum. Make sure to respond to at least two of your peers with insights, comments, and thoughtful suggestions on ways to expand their thinking.
- It’s 11 pm and the student has just finished their reading on a new theorist. They don’t understand the overall concept and want to seek out the help of other students in the class or experts in the field. Without this help, they don’t feel they can complete the assignment successfully that is due in two days. How do you get sufficient help to this student to create a successful learning experience?
- There as an imbalance of contribution in the class. Three of the students dominate the online conversations and multiple students contribute the bare minimum, not adding much value to the overall conversation. This may be due to different backgrounds and knowledge bases. What strategies can you use to ensure all students can contribute meaningful content and learn from each other?
- According to the course outline, students need to be broken into teams during Week One to continuously work on a final project. The students are spread throughout the country with different schedules and availability. How do you structure this to be an effective learning tool, rather than a burden of coordinating schedules?
- There is an online discussion on a controversial topic and a couple of students have posted a comment that has been taken offensively by another class member. How would you handle this situation and what procedures would you put in place to ensure “Virtual Etiquette”?
- You have noticed that one of the students is getting their responses from the content in the other postings instead of giving their authentic and original responses. How do you keep the people who post towards the end of the time limit from “free loading” off of those who post early?