Due by 4/21/2017 | Education homework help
Assignment 1: The Scavenger Hunt
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Let’s put your investigative skills to work! In this assignment, visit the Strayer online library located in iCampus or the Resource Center tab in Blackboard and find four (4) peer-reviewed quantitative or qualitative articles related to your topic My topic is Diversity in Education K-12.Teachers being diverse with all backgrounds of students!.Read each article.You CANNOT use any articles older than 2011!
Most important, I would shine a light on the teaching of poverty stricken students that attend inner city school. I would give them a better chance to see things and participate in things that they would normally not have the opportunity to do or see. Also having teachers that can communicate with the students and understand their problems, therefore giving them a better opportunities to receive an education that will allow them to compete in the real world.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize each article [approximately one to two (1-2) paragraphs per article] and identify the:
a. Purpose of the research.
b. Problem statement.
c. Gaps in literature that studied the problem.
d. Research question and/or hypotheses.
e. Theory or conceptual framework.
f. Findings of the research.
2. Describe one to two (1-2) aspects of each article that are relevant to the research topic you have chosen.
3. Provide a preliminary reference page in APA format of the articles you summarized.
4. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed quantitative or qualitative articles related to your topic.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Identify a research topic and describe why it can and should be studied.
· Determine the appropriateness of peer-reviewed literature to support research topics.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues related to educational research methods.
· Use quantitative and / or qualitative approaches to create research topics.
· Analyze research methodologies that support specific research topics.
· Describe ethical considerations in the research process.
· Evaluate components of a research proposal.
· Write clearly and concisely about educational research methods using proper writing mechanics.