Where is the best place for you in vmi | BGMT
Week 3 Brainstorming Discussions
Must post first.
Topic: Where is the best place for you in the VMI team?
CEO CHINN has asked HR to provide him with a series of tests that will help him in assessing what position you are best suited to fill when your onboarding is complete. It also contains short job description for each of the positions that will open. Since you are familiar with these positions and their roles from your orientation, you think that the types of tests they ask you to take will not only tell Chinn what job is best for you, but it should tell you as well. This may give you a better idea of your chance of getting the position.
1. By FRIDAY, complete the following:
- See the steps set out below and complete the table and explanation of the results.
- You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.
2. THROUGHOUT the week, complete the following:
- Respond to your classmates three or more days throughout the week. Remember you are trying to develop the best answers to the questions as possible. Your classmates are doing the same so read the posts carefully looking for the best ideas being presented. The goal is that by the end of the week the class will come to some consensus as to the best answers giving you the chance to submit the best ideas in the final post.
- You must use course material to support your responses but you do not need to use APA in the brainstorming discussion with the exception of Friday’s initial first impression post.
- Participation is worth 2.5 points each week (20% of the final grade). Participation must be reflected in the final post so grades will be affected by the content portion of the post if participation is not shown. Therefore, it is important to get in the class often and with the idea of improving your initial post with the discussion so that the final grade will be the best you can deliver.
3. FINAL POST, complete the following:
- Attach your final post in the classroom by Monday at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- The final post must reflect the brainstorming activities and should be different than your Friday initial post.
- The final post must include a variety of sources from the class material as well as the use of scenario or case study facts where appropriate.
- It must USE APA in-text citations and reference list.
Steps for Completion of the Assignment:
Step 1. Take all the quizzes found in the list located with the chart below the project instructions.
Step 2. Using the Word document template provided for your post, complete your report. Answer the implication questions typing them into the table given in the report template.
Type of Quiz
Quiz Taken and Results
Implication Question Answers
Step 3. When you have completed the table, in a 2-page summary explain your results and select the position or positions for which you will be the best fit. Explain why. It should contain a brief introduction, the completed table, a discussion of quiz results, and the analysis of the job for which you are applying.
Points to be covered in the summary are:
- A general evaluation summary of the quiz results;
- The implications for the jobs available;
- The job or jobs that best fit you and/or the one you want;
- The reasons why you made the selection;
- How the test results help to influence your conclusion: and
- The effectiveness of your selection for the organization