Rn information systems in healthcare
Required Assignment Topic
Select ONE of the Required Assignment Topics below for the focus of your assignment:
- Hypertension or
- Anxiety or Depression or
- Time Management or
- Smoking Cessation
Requirements and Guidelines
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name: Your Last Name NR361 Milestone 1.docx.
- Write a patient scenario using the Required Assignment Topic.
- Make sure to include a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness and who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app.
- Describe in detail content planned for teaching this patient in the scenario.
- Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- Identify a mHealth app that could benefit the patient.
- Describe the app including the mHealth app name, purpose, intended audience, mobile device(s) upon which it will operate, where to download or obtain it. Add any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation.
- Include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website.
- Make sure to add a citation for this mHealth app in APA format.
- You are required to complete the Milestone 1 Template using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.).
- Carefully review the grading rubric criteria for Milestone 1 and type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template.
- The instructor will score Milestone 1 and provide feedback and a clear statement regarding the required assignment topic:
- Accepted with revisions needed, OR
- Not accepted.
If the Milestone 1 assignment needs revisions or is not accepted, the instructor will indicate if the student should communicate further revisions to the instructor. No additional points will be earned for revisions to Milestone 1 issue, but these revisions will greatly enhance success on later milestones.
The following is a short video that takes you on a tour of the Course Project Milestone 1 Guidelines. Click on “transcript” to view the audio for this video.