Analyzing an ethical decision | Nursing homework help
Assignment : Analyzing an Ethical Decision
· Analyze salient ethical issues in psychiatric mental health practice
· Compare ethical dilemmas with state health laws and regulations
· Analyze ethical decision-making processes
· Review literature for moral/ethical issues encountered by a PMHNP.
· Select one of the articles you found that was published within the last 5 years to use as a focus for this assignment.
Write a 2-page paper in which you do the following:
· Summarize the moral/ethical issue in the article (no more than 1 paragraph).
· Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue.
· Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the state health laws and regulations in your state.
· Outline the process of ethical decision making you would use to address this ethical dilemma.
Required Readings ( Need 3 reference).
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP). (2012a). Practice parameter for psychodynamic psychotherapy with children. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 51(5), 541–557. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(12)00141-4/pdf
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Psychological Association. (2017). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/
Kaplan, C. (2017). Ethical dilemmas. Advanced Healthcare Network. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20160416180027/http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/Article/Ethical-Dilemmas-2.aspx
Pumariega, A. J., Rothe, E., Mian, A., Carlisle, L., Toppelberg, C., Harris, T., . . . Smith, J. (2013). Practice parameter for cultural competence in child and adolescent psychiatric practice. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 52(10), 1101–1115. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(13)00479-6/pdf
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 5, “Examination and Diagnosis of the Psychiatric Patient” (pp. 192–289)
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1082–1107)