SOLUTION: Reality TV production Paper
SOLUTION: Reality TV production Paper.
Read the two readings and watch the screening, then answer the four questions.
1. Junhow Wei, “Dealing with Reality: Market demands, artistic integrity, and identity work in reality television production” (2012)
2. Tanner Mirrlees “Reality TV’s Low-Wage and No-Wage Work” (2015)
Screening: Unreal, season 1, episode 1 (2015) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jZ47dpVbBHcxtM7L7…
Please respond to the following four questions in full sentences. Each response should be around 100 words. When possible, make specific references to the original text or media object.
1. Discuss the first of the two readings you read. What were its main ideas? What did you find most interesting or otherwise notable about the article?
2. Discuss the second of the two readings you read. What were its main ideas? What did you find most interesting or otherwise notable about the article?
3. The scripted/fictional television series Unreal is about the production of a Bachelor-style reality TV show. What vision of reality TV production does the show present? What surprising or problematic practices does it suggest are happening behind the screen?
4. How does the representation of reality TV production in Unreal compare to the information you read in the articles? Why do you think the show chooses to represent production in this way?