Contemporary business leader 1250-1500 word essay
Contemporary business leader 1250-1500 word essay.
Many names have been recognized as notable business leaders. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Welch, and Colleen Barrett are all leaders identified for their unique approach to leading people. Please review the “Contemporary Business Leaders” document to locate more business leaders. Select one leader from that list and respond to the following questions.
Discuss (1,250-1,500 words) what you learned about the selected individual as a leader and the leadership style used. Include the following in your discussion:
- Identify a leader and justify why you selected that particular leader. What organization(s) is the leader affiliated with? In what industry is the leader recognized? How long was the leader in a leadership position?
- Discuss which leadership theory best describes the chosen leader’s approach to leading people.
- What was the leader’s greatest achievement?
- Identify a significant challenge the leader faced and how the challenge was handled. Did the response align more with a managerial role or a leadership role?
- What power base did the leader use in handling or resolving the challenge?
- Compare the leadership style used by your selected leader against that of the leader’s successor/predecessor (or competitor if successor/predecessor is not applicable). Was there a difference in the leadership style? Which leader do you think is more effective and why?
- Include a personal reflection and identify two to three attributes you hope to emulate or avoid (based on studying this leader) in order to be a successful leader.
You are required to use at least two external sources to provide evidence to support the leadership style your selected leader showed. This should not be completed based on an opinion.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.