Finance assignment – project 10-k
Finance assignment – project 10-k.
Assignment Project 10-K
The assignment must be made in the format of a paper, and no as a question/answer type of writing.
The assignment should have 5 double-spaced pages.
Answer the following questions about the company’s 10-K Form:
1. How well is the company doing as an investment?
2. How well has management employed the company’s assets?
3. Are profits high enough, given the level of sales?
4. How well are the company’s assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
5. Are receivables coming in too slowly?
6. Is too much cash tied up in inventories?
7. Does this customer have sufficient cash or other liquid assets to cover its short-term obligations?
8. How quickly does the prospective credit customer pay its bills?
9. As a potential or present long-term borrower, is the company’s debt load excessive?
10. Are earnings and cash flow sufficient to cover interest payments and provide for some principal repayment?
B. Identify three situations in your company that demonstrate strengths or weaknesses in the management of the affairs of the company. Elaborate what kinds of analyses you used in order to identify these strengths or weaknesses and the manner in which they can be addressed or improved (in case of weaknesses) or maintained (in case of strengths) Refer the three case studies provided in the VSBDC article as an example.
C. Review the cash flow statements of the company and correlate it to the financial statements to identify if the company is in a sound financial position and whether their cash management strategy is adequate.
D. Perform a trend analysis of the comparative financial statements and identify any significant trends in the company’s growth or any other factor that you may observe as significant. Please cite any sources that you may use to substantiate your analysis.