Reading assessment: donald murray | English homework help
Reading assessment: donald murray | English homework help.
Instructions: Answer the following questions related to Donald Murray’s “Teach Writing as Process, Not Product”; these questions are designed to get you thinking about understanding the text, and designed to get you thinking about the value of the text:
- What does Murray mean when writes that teachers must “teach unfinished writing”?
- How would you explain “discovery through language” to a peer not currently taking our class?
- If the goal of this essay isn’t to simply explain the three steps of the writing process, what function does mentioning them serve in this essay?
- What are at least two of the implications Murray lists for focusing on process over product, and why are those implications important?
- Why do you think reading this is important for you to understanding writing, and how might you use this essay in developing your Formal Essay?