Unit 2 discussion questionunidentified condition: unidentified
Unit 2 discussion questionunidentified condition: unidentified.
Throughout the discussions in this course we have been focusing on one single condition; gradually unfolding week by week how this condition can grossly affect the entire human body and its systems.
The goal of the course discussions is primarily, to build upon the skill of differential diagnosis and secondary, to give a clear view as to how a single pathological process can possess the ability to affect an entire human organism.
Each week you will be presented with varying components of a new system being adversely affected by the unidentified condition. Your task as a healthcare professional in training, is to thoroughly research and envelop yourself within the process of differential diagnosis to arrive at a definitive diagnosis at the end of the course in week 8.
In phase one of the discussion, you will be tasked with presenting your researched information into a written answering the questions below, while also considering your response and symptom presentation from week 1.
Written presentations should be a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs per each diagnosed condition (3 conditions minimum).
- Oxidation: Increased production of reactive oxygen species (ROS)
- Tissue and Plasma Enzyme Activity: Increased plasma lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), creatine kinase (CK), aspartate transaminase (AST) and alanine transaminase (ALT)
- Inflammation and Alopecia: Non-specific, currently undiagnosed rash on the anterior neck and face with mild recent reported hair loss
Previously in Week 1, you researched and considered three conditions through the process of differential diagnosis that would present with varying abnormalities in homeostasis, metabolism, triglycerides and DNA respectively. Given the new symptom presentation above, consider and answer the following :
If choosing a written presentation, create 2-3 paragraphs per each of the three questions below.
- Given the new presenting symptoms listed above, has your diagnosis from week 1 changed? Why or why not?
- Are you convinced that this is an acute condition or a chronic condition? Rationalize your choice.
- Does the current symptom presentation from weeks 1 and 2 align with autoimmune tendencies? Rationalize your answer.
- Within your written presentation, please be certain to validate your opinions and ideas while disclosing the sources utilized within your written presentation (APA format).